Removing Holiday Table Cloth Stains
We all love a good party but it is often inevitable that your linen table cloth might be a bit worse for the wear after a raucous dinner party. With lively conversation comes waving hands and the spilled glass of red wine or the tipped coffee cup. Don’t let a bit of spills ruin your fun. We have some simple tips for dealing with common holiday table cloth stains from Libeco Home:
- Fruit, coffee, tea and chocolate: Rub with alcohol, white vinegar and ammonia.
- Candle wax: Scratch off dried wax, absorb residue with blotting paper and warm iron.
- Greasy Stains: Rub with ammonia.
- Red Wine: Rub immediately with sparkling water or white wine.
If stains do not disappear, you can try:
- Soaking the linen in a good washing detergent, or dissolving 3.5 oz. sodium borate in boiling water, then adding enough cold water to yield 1½ gallons, and let soak for 1 hour.
- Never use chlorine bleach which may damage the fibers.
If you have any questions about the care of your Libeco Home Linens please contact our expert staff at Linens by Didriks.